As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, services, features and content, to administer your Membership (together, the "Service") and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site (don't worry, it's not going on the black market).
Personally Identifiable Information
- When you create an account through the Site, as a MiKandi User we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and business postal addresses. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other MiKandi Users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with MiKandi newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your "user preferences" information. (See "Changing Information" below.)
When you visit the Site, whether as a MiKandi User or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a "MiKandi User"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site's technical administration, to increase our Site's functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors' needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Site again, it will recognize you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests.
Cookies... (nom nom nom)
Emailing Via a MiKandi Account
As part of the Service, Users may communicate with other Users and non-registered users through use of their accounts. Where Users have selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent from MiKandi to those email addresses on their behalf.
Fishing = OK. Phishing = Not OK.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to MiKandi. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
When you register through the Site and submit your Personal Information, MiKandi Users will see your "Screen Name" ("Required Subscriber Identifiers"). You can choose what other Personal Information you provide as part of your profile ("Other Subscriber Information") and in some cases you can choose whether to share that information publicly on the Site by making selections via the "user preferences" section of your profile webpage. Providing Other Subscriber Information is voluntary and should correlate with the degree of interaction you want to have with Users. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and that you not use your real name as your "Screen Name," since that would allow others to identify you.
Required Subscriber Identifiers
When you purchase software applications ("Products") through the Site or the Store and submit your Personal Information, your "Screen Name" and "User ID" ("Required Subscriber Identifiers") are made public to MiKandi Publishers with respect to their Products. Your Personal Information is not made public to MiKandi Publishers.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
MiKandi cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of MiKandi or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Changing Your Information or Deactivating Your Account
All Users may review, update, or correct the Personal Information in their registration profile by contacting us. If you completely remove all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request. Please note that doing so will only remove the data for the purpose of future activities and communications.
MiKandi is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. This includes utilizing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input, and using other commercially reasonable means to safeguard your information.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by "clicking on" a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites.
These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
This Site is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.